Please find and click the above categories for more information regarding the Spain Visa Applications.
Kindly note BLS handles only short term visa applications (for visits of less than 90 days in a period of 180 days). Please contact the Embassy of Spain (http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/Yakarta/es/Paginas/inicio.aspx) to enquire about other visas.
"Checklist Transit for Seamen"
Before applying please make sure you fulfill all the following requirements.
Generic Documentation for Visitor´s Visa for Transit for Seamen
- 2 printed copy of regular Schengen visa application form, it should be filled in all fields and signed by the applicant – or, if the applicant is minor, by his/her parents or guardians – (in pages 3 and 4) and two recent colored photographs with white background, in good quality sized 3x4 cm, with face looking at the front. Posted the photos at visa application forms on the corresponding site.
- Passport with minimum validity of 3 months since expiration date of applied visa and photocopy of passport. The passport should have at least two blank pages and should be issued ten years before.
- Seamen Book with minimum validity of 6 months and its photocopy
- Photocopy of applicant’s identity document (KTP for the national of Indonesia) and, for applicants with Indonesian nationality, photocopy of family book.
- Airplane ticket reservation within Spain country.
- The travel insurance must be valid for all the Schengen zone and for all the stay in the Schengen countries, and with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros for all the concepts. The medical insurance should cover the urgency medical attendance or hospitable attention of urgency, as repatriation by medical reasons or by death. IT WILL BE NOT NECESSARY TO PRESENT THE DOCUMENT IF THE SEAMEN IS ALREADY COVERED BY A TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE BY REASON OF HIS PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES, situation which will remain accredited if the inviting Spanish maritime agency certify it specifically in the invitation letter. Click Here to download List of approved insurance companies
- Invitation letter from a Spanish maritime agency. It should be signed and stamped with the agency’s stamp. The invitation letter should consist of the following data: name and surname of the seamen, date and place of birth, Passport number, passport’s date of issue and date of expiry, Seamen Book number, Seamen Book’s date of issue and date of expiry, job description of the seamen in the ship in which he will embark (the data relating to the seamen, in assumption of being various, could be related in a list, which should be signed, stamped, and attached to the invitation letter), the date and the entry airport in Spain, ship’s name, ship’s flag, sea port or harbor of embarkation in Spain, duration of stay of the seamen in the ship, sea port or harbor of debarkation of the seamen, return date of the seamen’s to their origin country, itinerary of the seamen from travelling to Spain to returning to Indonesia. In the invitation letter, the Spanish maritime agency should indicate name and address of the local maritime agency in seamen’s origin country with whom he collaborates, or which will be the agent to present the visa applications as well as will be responsible of the seamen on their arrival in Spain and to transfer them to the corresponding ship both on their arrival in Spain and on their return to origin country, in assumption that it is performed through the Spain territory
- In the event that the visa application is presented by a local maritime agency in Indonesia, invitation letter from the agency in Indonesia, in which includes the list of seamen and consists of the seamen’s job descriptions in the ship.
- Photocopy of working contracts or pre-contracts of the seamen to go on board on the ship.
This note is for informational purpose only
- Official rate of visa: 60 euros (general regulation), applicants under 6 years: free, applicants from 6 to 12 years: 35 euros. payment is in indonesian rupiah.
- Resolution period: 15 calendar days, which coud be extended to 30 or 60 days in determined cases.
- The embassy has the right to require presentation of any other complementary documentation or make an appointment of an interview with the applicant. the period for presenting the required documentation is 10 days.
- The visa granted should be collected in period of 1 month, if not it will be considered that the applicant has renounced the visa and the embassy will produce procedural archives.
- The visa does not confer a right of automatic entry in all schengen state.
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
- The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use plain White-colored background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 35 mm x 45 mm with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure about 30 mm
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- The face should cover about 70-80 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph must be in color and have only a white or light background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
- In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Sunglasses or other wear, which detracts from the face, are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
- A photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
The processing time of the visa applications is 15 working days. If the appointed day to collect the passport falls in weekend or public holiday, will be given appointment to pick up the previous business day. The processing time can be delayed until 30 or 60 days in special cases.
If the Embassy requires additional documents, the period to present the documents is 10 days.
BLS work is primarily administrative in nature; we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long it will take to process your application, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Embassy of Spain in Jakarta.
The processing time of the visa applications of Nationals of the following countries will be as minimum 15 days:
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.
To download the Application Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.